The Fund: Innogest Capital
Innogest Capital, with its € 80 million, is the leading Italian Venture Capital fund in the Seed and Early Stage segment.
It is recognized as a reference investor for young, high-potential companies that intend to raise capital in order to sustain their growth plans. The goal of Innogest Capital is to invest in and encourage the success of about twenty highly entrepreneurial companies with very strong technology and a distinctive and unique approach to the market.
Innogest Capital investment philosophy is to have an active, hands-on approach in partnerships with entrepreneurs. The support given to portfolio companies is far more than just mere money: Innogest Capital is a committed partner that aids in reaching new markets, developing financial strategies and building up the organizational structure of the invested company.
Main features of the Innogest Capital fund are:
- Fund size: € 80 million
- Investment segment: Seed Capital, Early Stage Venture Capital
- Investment size per company at entry: as low as €200,000 and as high as € 2 million
- Maximum investment size per company during lifetime: €8 million
- Starting date: May 2006
- Duration: 10 years (up to 12 years to complete the exits)
- Ending date: April 2016 (up to April 2018)
- Expected portfolio: about 20 investments
- Current portfolio (at Dec 31st 2010): 15 investments
- Average annual deal flow: more than 500 opportunities/year
Innogest Capital is a fund supported by the European Commission MAP - ETF Start-up facility.